Ski Injury Clinic
If you have been injured while skiing, our expert team of sports physiotherapists and physicians can provide you with fast and effective treatment to get you back out on the slopes as quickly as possible. And at our Ski Clinic, we also have the experience and expertise to treat, and advise, both amateurs and top professionals.
If you suffer a skiing injury it’s likely you will first be treated by a resort doctor. On your return, bringing any relevant x-rays or paperwork, our team can provide you with the support and tailored treatment you need to get you back skiing injury-free as quickly as possible.
If your skiing injury should require more complex treatment, our team of expert sports physicians can provide you with individually designed support in rehabilitation, sports physiotherapy and post-operative care, helping you to progress through any recovery period.
The five most common skiing problems are:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) rupture.
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) injuries.
- Shoulder dislocation.
- Skier’s thumb.
At our weekly Ski Clinic, our team can not only treat and guide you through recovery and rehabilitation, but also help build your confidence and support your progress if you are returning from injury.
Offers you help and advice from expert sports physicians from January to April.
Treats all skiers, whether you are a first-timer or professional.
Supports your progress towards our Return from Injury Day – at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead.
The Ski Clinic’s expert team can also provide advice, and training, that will increase your all-round fitness and help protect you against injury.
The ski-specific programme includes:
- Cardio exercise – Topping up lung endurance together with interval training such as spinning, or running.
- Strength and conditioning – Exercises that will help you adapt to demanding conditions, and combat fatigue.
- Flexibility and balance – Crucial elements in avoiding injury, with exercise to help your muscles work more effectively.
Our Ski Clinic experts can also provide advice on how you can choose the right equipment – just as important as your fitness in avoiding injury.
Manage your risk by:
- Taking time to select your gear.
- Adjusting your ski bindings correctly.
- Choosing your correct ski.
- Tuning your skis every 6-8 days.
- Not using pole straps.
- Wearing a helmet.
This service is run in conjuction with Wimbledon Clinics.